I strive to be a responsible citizen to the community of scholars as well as the communities in which I live and with whom I interact personally and professionally on daily bases. I believe that my colleagues value me as their collaborator and mentor.
I am grateful to the guidance of several mentors who taught me the art of peer-reviewing process. My professional service includes active participation and contributions to the scholarly community services.
- Program Committee for :
- The Annual Conference of the Australian Computer-Human Interaction Special Interest Group (OZCHI2015, OZCHI2013, OZCHI2012, OZCHI2011, OZCHI2010)
- The Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS2013)
- he Florida Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Society (FLAIRS-25 Special Track Cognition and AI
- Technical Program Committee for the following LNCS (eBook)
- Wyeld, T., Calder, P., & Shen, H. (Eds.). (2015). Computer-Human Interaction. Cognitive Effects of Spatial Interaction, Learning, and Ability. New York: Springer. (Link)
- Invited Paper Reviewer for:
- The Computers in Human Behaviour Journal (Elsevier)
- The International Journal of Human-Computer Studies (Elsevier)
- The Electronic Library: The International journal for the application of technology in information environments (Emerald journals);
- Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS);
- Annual Conference of the Australian Computer-Human Interaction Special Interest Group (OZCHI); and
- International Journal of Cyber Society and Education (IJCSE).
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- IEEE Computer Society
- International Society for Teacher Education (ISfTE)
- Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA)
- QUT Mobile Innovation Lab (MiLab)
Social Community Service
- Co-organisers for the Information Studies Group Retreat (2011), QUT
- Volunteer for PACIS 2011 conference
- Volunteer for QUT Open Day 2012 (29/07/12)
I, along with my colleagues from Bhutan, also organise events and functions both for celebrations and fund raising for the Bhutan-Queensland Community in Brisbane. Since 2010 we have held a number of nationally significant events and functions in Brisbane at QUT.